Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Love Not You

I love not you for your comely grace,
For your pleasing eye and face,
Nor for any outward part,
NO, nor for your constant heart -
For these may fail, or turn to ill;
So you and I shall sever.
I keep therefore a sure mans eye,
And love you still and know not why -
So have I the same reason still
To love you forever!


I wrote this in response to my girlfriend's question as to why I loved her. I wasn't able to answer with definate reasons so she got upset.

I was trying to say that any specific reason I give at this moment is only true for this moment. When I love I do so whole-heartedly and without reservation. I love the whole person, not just the labeled aspect.

Therefore when asked why I love (you), my answers will be different from day to day or even hour to hour - if I am able to give a reason at all...

1 comment:

walkingcub said...

I can understand what you are saying. For someone people they need an answer cause it helps them validate the experience.